TE is strongly focused on protection of our environment. Accordingly, TE requires that our Suppliers are similarly oriented and do not supply TE with products that are:
- manufactured with Class I Ozone Depleting Chemicals
- that use raw materials or components that are manufactured with Class I Ozone Depleting Chemicals
- contain polybrominated byphenyls (PBBs), polybrominated byphenyl ethers (PBBEs) or polybrominated byphenyl oxides (PBBOs) contain polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), pentachlorophenol (PCP), or polychlorinated terphenyls (PCTs)
- contain greater than 10 ppm of ethylene glycol ethers or organo-tin compounds
- contain arsenic (other than trace elements in metal raw materials and plating), asbestos, or mercury
- contain or consist of plastics that contain greater than 75 ppm of cadmium or greater than 100 ppm of hexavalent chromium, lead or mercury.
Wherever required for a purchased product, we expect our Suppliers to comply with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC - Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
We require that our Suppliers do not supply TE with packaging, or products packaged in packaging, containing heavy metals (cadmium, hexavalent chromium, lead and mercury) greater than 100 ppm. We require our Suppliers to represent and agree that all products and services furnished to us comply with all restrictions, prohibitions, limitations and/or disclosure requirements applicable to chemicals and other materials contained in Suppliers’ products in the country(ies) and states in which our Suppliers’ products are sold, or may be sold.